- Click here for printable PDF.
- Country Folk’s 20th Annual Mother’s Day Open House will be held Wednesday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. this week and also Saturday from 10 a.m.-3 p.m. There will be a 10 percent discount storewide and additional savings throughout the shop. You may also enter into a drawing for a Mother’s Day basket. Country Folk is located at 110 S. Third St.
- Heart & Home Realty will be giving away $300 in “Holicash” for Holiday World in a Facebook contest during the month of May. Follow Heart & Home’s Facebook page for details.
- Throughout May, military personnel — including veterans, retirees, active duty and reserve — are eligible for the Chevrolet Military Discount Program at Arthur Young Chevrolet. All military members of the U.S. Air Force, Army, Navy, Marines, National Guard and Coast Guard, as well as their spouses, are eligible. The discount can be combined with most current incentives at Chevrolet dealerships.
- The Annual Hanging Basket Sale to benefit the Lincoln Heritage Festival will be held at Vandalia City Hall on Thursday, May 5, from noon to 5 p.m. and Friday, May 6, from 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m. Baskets are $16 each and will be sold on a first-come, first serve basis. Only 80 baskets are available, so be sure to stop by City Hall to pick up a perfect Mother's Day gift.
- Be sure to visit Hosick Motors’ Facebook page, www.facebook.com/hosickmotors, and “like” the Free Oil Change post by 7 p.m. on Tuesday to enter the Free Oil Change Contest.
- Octochem CEO and Vandalia native Mark Langston will be the guest speaker at the May Chamber Members Meeting, coming up at noon on Wednesday, May 4. The meeting is held in the Lincoln Room of Ponderosa Steakhouse.
- The Family YMCA of Fayette County will be hosting the Special Olympics Illinois Individual Soccer Skills Area 12 Competition at 11 a.m. on Saturday, May 7. If you would like to volunteer to help out at this great event, you may register online at http://cerv.is/m?0117x1731. Volunteers will need to arrive at 10:30 on Saturday.