- Click here for printable PDF.
- The Copper Penny Bar & Grille will celebrate its fifth anniversary with a party starting at 8:30 p.m. on Saturday, Jan. 30. There will be numerous dinner and drink specials, including all-you-can-eat fish and shrimp platters. There will also be hourly glassware, cooler, apparel and gift certificate giveaways starting at 8:30. Call ahead (283-2200) to reserve your table today as seating is expected to be limited.
- Vandalia Country Club will host its Birthday Dinner and Mardi Gras night on Friday, Jan. 29. Specials that night will be gumbo ($5.95 per bowl) as well as fried chicken, mashed potatoes w/ gravy, green beans a dinner roll for $9.95. Be sure to dress up in your best Mardi Gras-themed costume. Prizes will be awarded to the two best dressed.
- Evans Public Library’s Read Through the Ages winter reading program is underway. Those who sign up for the program will receive a ticket for every library book they read that will be put into drawings for fun items. The program is open to all students from pre-K through high school.
- Country Folk, located at 110 S. Third Street, is having a 75 percent off sale on Christmas and winter décor. Chamber members also get a 10 percent member-to-member discount storewide and Country Folk accepts Chamber Bucks!
- For the month of January, Fayette County Real Estate will be giving away month passes to the Fayette County YMCA to the winners of its weekly Facebook drawing. Then ALL entries will be put into a larger drawing for a FITBIT FLEX! The weekly drawing will be held at noon on each Friday. This month’s daily trivia questions will be all about fitness, so put on your thinking caps & "Let's get physicial.” There will be a daily trivia question (Mon-Thurs) that will need to be answered VIA PERSONAL MESSAGE ONLY PLEASE! Voting will end last day by 5 p.m. All correct answer winners will be put into the weekly drawing.
- Priority Payroll Co. is offering FREE payroll processing for one month ($150 value) for those who sign up through Jan. 31. Call the Vandalia office at (618) 283-9533 for more details.
- Embers Wood Fired Pizza, located at 7 Mattes Ave., has several specials going on this week. Tonight, Jan. 25, is Kids Night at Embers. From 3-9 p.m., get a free kids pizza with a purchase of an adult entrée. Tuesday’s special is half-price wings and $4 24-ounce draft beer all day. Wednesday is Family Night at Embers from 5-9 p.m., with the special being Ciabatta cheese bread, three gourmet wood fired pizzas (up to two topping each) and four soft drinks all for $30.
- Be sure to visit Hosick Motors’ Facebook page, www.facebook.com/hosickmotors, and “like” the Free Oil Change post by 7 p.m. on Tuesday to enter the Free Oil Change Contest.