- Click here for printable PDF.
- Pine Ridge Homes is offering huge discounts on homes at its Vandalia (80 Pine Ridge Drive, just off Interstate 70 Exit 61) and Litchfield (611 W. Union) locations. A 1,520 square foot, 3-bedroom, 2 bathroom home with an open layout and 9-foot ceilings on display at Pine Ridge’s Vandalia location was $120,000, but now is $14,900. A 1,430 square foot home featuring three bedrooms, two bathrooms, a large kitchen island, spacious glamour master bath, big utility room and quality features was $95,000, but is now $89,900. Visit Pine Ridge Homes on Facebook for more details on these homes.
- The Vandalia City Council will meet at 7:30 p.m. tonight, Monday, April 5, at Vandalia City Hall.
- The Trendy Hanger Boutique’s BOGO (buy one get one 50 percent off) sale continues this week. Visit the storefront at 522 W. Gallatin St. from 4-7 p.m. on Tuesday and Wednesdays and 9 a.m.-2 p.m. on Saturday. Reminder, the Trendy Hanger Boutique accepts Chamber Bucks!
- Be sure to visit Hosick Motors’ Facebook page, www.facebook.com/hosickmotors, and “like” the Free Oil Change post by 7 p.m. on Tuesday to enter the Free Oil Change Contest.
- America’s Best Value Inn, located 1920 N. Kennedy Blvd., will host a memorial for longtime Allen’s Furniture Co. owner Lorraine Allen at 1 p.m. on Sunday, April 10.
Attention Chamber members: Be sure to mark your calendar's for Tuesday, March 8, as there will be a ribbon cutting ceremony at "The Cork," a new wine bar and gaming facility located at 925 New York Drive (behind Subway) in Vandalia.
The ribbon will be cut shortly after noon.
Each year the Vandalia Chamber of Commerce awards two $500 scholarships to assist area students with their college expenses. These scholarships help to cover the cost of books, tuition, lab fee’s, etc. The first scholarship is designed to help the traditional students; a 2015 high school graduate. The second scholarship is designed to help the non-traditional student; an adult pursing a higher education.
As successful business men and women you know the value and importance education has in today’s society. Your generous contribution will play a vital role in the livelihoods of two individuals from our community. Please select the level of donation that is best for your company and remember each donation is tax deductible. To make a donation, download a donation form here and mail with check to: Vandalia Chamber of Commerce, P.O. Box 238, Vandalia, IL 62471. Your donation will be recognized in the Chamber Connection Newsletter, Chamber Facebook, Chamber website and the 2017 Chamber banquet program. Donation levels are as follows:
Individuals interested in applying for the Chamber scholarship can download a high school senior application here and a non-traditional student application here.