- Vandalia Subway, located at 915 Veterans Ave., is having a Holiday Customer Appreciation special for the remainder of 2014. The cold cut combo, meatball marinara and veggie delight are all just $2 for a six inch and $4 for a footlong. Vandalia Subway is also giving away a free six-inch sub every week. To be entered into the drawing, customers simply need to place an order online at order.subway.com or using the Subway app. And don’t forget that Subway caters. Call or stop by for a special catering discount valid through the end of the year.
- Kaskaskia Supply customers will receive a free True Value metal 1947 Dodge pickup collectible bank with a $25 purchase on Black Friday. The store will also have free gift wrapping.
- Here are upcoming community education classes at the Kaskaskia College Vandalia Campus:
- “Cake Decorating," Saturday, Dec. 6, 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Registration number: COED-5439-VA02W.
- “Interesting Insects," Saturday, Dec. 6, 8 a.m.-noon. Registration number: COED-8080-VA01W.
- “Spanish for Health Professionals," Saturdays, Dec. 6 and 13, 9 a.m.-noon. Registration number: PGAD-5321-VA01W.
Registration for Spring Semester is also ongoing; contact Mary Schulze at 618-283-1780.
- Expert Service, located at 1710A Hillsboro Road, has several fall car care specials going on. Remote starters start at $250 installed (Regular price is $300). You can also have your vehicle winterized for free with the purchase of an oil change. The first 30 minutes of diagnostics will be free, including check engine light codes. And all Chamber members will receive a 10 percent discount, excluding sale prices. Offers are good through Dec. 31.
- The Chamber’s Shop Local Promotion is underway. Stop by the following Vandalia businesses to enter a drawing for a prize valued at $25 or more: Eclectic, Gloria’s Christian Supply, Family YMCA of Fayette County, Ma & Pa’s Amish Products, Something Special, Thompson’s Home Center, Words, Wicks & Wood, Little Blue Eyes, Kaskaskia Supply & Rental, Tiger Lily, Elephant’s Attic, Fayette County Hospital Auxiliary Gift Shop, Country Folk, Allen’s Furniture, The Red Door, The Copper Penny, Embers Wood Fired Pizza, Huddle House, Champion Trophies & Ts, Lia’s Gifts & Home Décor, My Special Gifts, Sloan’s Implement, Sunset Convenience Store and the Lake House. Kaskaskia Supply will be having a drawing every Monday before Christmas. Country Folk’s drawing will be for a handmade snowman, while Sloan Implement will have a drawing for a toy tractor and Little Blue Eyes’ drawing will be for a Christmas rug. Additional participating businesses will be announced later in the week, as well as details on each participating businesses’ prize. Just look for the sign with a Chamber logo and fill out a slip with your name and phone number to enter that businesses’ drawing.
- Wings will be half price and drafts will be a dollar off on Tuesday, Nov. 25, at Embers Wood Fired Pizza, located at 7 Mattes Ave in Vandalia. There will also be a special going on next door at Huddle House, as customers can get two double cheeseburgers and two orders of fries for $6.99. Huddle House will also offer FREE coffee until noon on Black Friday.
- Who Says a Man Can’t Clean’s fall special is $25 off any service. Call 618-283-9994 for details.
- Be sure to visit Hosick Motor’s Facebook page, www.facebook.com/hosickmotors, and “like” the Free Oil Change post by 7 p.m. on Tuesday to enter the Free Oil Change Contest. The winner will be chosen at random.
- Evans Public Library’s Food For Fines program is underway. Bring non-perishable food items to the library and for every food item donated $1 will be deducted from your fines and/or replacement costs of lost or damaged items.
Copies of the Chamber's 100th Anniversary cookbook are available for purchase at Kaskaskia Supply and Rental, First Bank and the Chamber office, located at 1408 N. 5th St. The books are $10 apiece and those who purchase two cookbooks will receive a free T-shirt. The books will also be available at Brookstone Estates on Saturday, Dec. 6.