- Click here for downloadable PDF.
- There will be a Business After Hours at Fayette County Hospital and Long Term Care from 5-7 p.m. on Thursday, Feb. 11. Please RSVP by calling 283-2728 if you plan to attend and haven’t RSVP’d already. Chamber members are encouraged to come out and check out FCH's recently-completed construction project. There will be tours of the new addition, featuring a new main entrance, lobby and lab, in addition to complimentary food and beverages. The Chamber will also be conducting a drawing for $50 in Chamber Bucks! Hope to see you on Feb. 11! A ribbon cutting for the new entrance, reception area and lab has also been scheduled for Sunday, Feb. 28. Time will be announced soon.
- “Lincoln Weekend” will be held in Vandalia on Saturday, Feb. 13, and Sunday, Feb. 14. Saturday’s events will feature an open house at the National Road Interpretive Center, which will be celebrating its seventh anniversary. There will be speakers and tours throughout the day at the NRIC. The annual Lincoln Ball will follow at 7 p.m. at the Moose Lodge. A Lincoln Luncheon has been scheduled for Sunday at noon at Capitol View Steakhouse. The weekend’s events will conclude with a Lincoln birthday party at 2 p.m. at the Vandalia Statehouse.
- Summer Breeze Wine House and Barn Venue, located in St. James, just off the St. Elmo blacktop, will host a Valentine Red Event on Friday, Feb. 12. The event will feature catering from the Hitchin’ Post and live music from Soul Riot. Doors will open at 5:30, dinner will be served at 6:30 and music will begin at 7:30. Tickets are $40 each. To get tickets, send a private message on Facebook or leave a comment on the event’s Facebook post stating how many tickets and your email address and Summer Breeze will send you a pay online link to securely pay online through Intuit. All bar tips will be donated to the St. Elmo Lions Club.
- For the month of February, Fayette County Real Estate will be giving away boxes of chocolate to its weekly Facebook contest winners. Then ALL entries will be put into a larger drawing for a $50 gift card to the Gallatin Street Grille! This month’s daily trivia questions will be about all things having to do with Valentine's Day. FCRE will be having a Daily Trivia Question (Mon-Sat) that will need to be answered VIA PERSONAL MESSAGE ONLY PLEASE! Voting will end Sunday by 9 p.m. for all of that week's questions. Weekly drawing will be held at 9 a.m. on Monday of the new week. All correct answer winners will be put into the weekly drawing.
- All in-stock, hard surface items at Laack Flooring Innovations will be 20 percent off throughout February. This includes sheet vinyl starting as low as $1.20 a square foot, laminate starting as low as $1.99 a square foot, vinyl plank starting as low as $1.80 a square foot and duraceramic starting as low as $2.49 a square foot.
- The Trendy Hanger Boutique is having a 30 percent off sale on all items, both online and in the storefront on Gallatin Street. Be sure to use the code STORE30! Also, if you buy a gift certificate worth $75 or more you will get a free accessory to go with it (purses not included).
- For the remainder of January and February, the Family YMCA of Fayette County will be administering a referral program. Current Family YMCA of Fayette County members who refer new3-month, 6-month and one year memberships will receive a Y hoodie. Disclaimer: limit 1 hoodie per member. New members signing up will have opportunity to communicate referral on completed membership form. Call the Y with any questions, 618-283-1258.
- Be sure to visit Pine Ridge Home’s Facebook page (facebook.com/pineridgehomes/) and like and share their Valentine’s Day contest post for a chance to win a $75 gift certificate to the Lake House. The winner will be posted on Wednesday, Feb. 10.
- Evans Public Library’s Read Through the Ages winter reading program is underway. Those who sign up for the program will receive a ticket for every library book they read that will be put into drawings for fun items. The program is open to all students from pre-K through high school.
- Country Folk, located at 110 S. Third Street, is having a 75 percent off sale on Christmas and winter décor. Chamber members also get a 10 percent member-to-member discount storewide and Country Folk accepts Chamber Bucks!
- Embers Wood Fired Pizza, located at 7 Mattes Ave., has several specials going on this week. Tonight, Feb. 8, is Kids Night at Embers. From 3-9 p.m., get a free kids pizza with a purchase of an adult entrée. Tuesday’s special is half-price wings and $4 24-ounce draft beer all day. Wednesday is Family Night at Embers from 5-9 p.m., with the special being Ciabatta cheese bread, three gourmet wood fired pizzas (up to two topping each) and four soft drinks all for $30.
- Be sure to visit Hosick Motors’ Facebook page, www.facebook.com/hosickmotors, and “like” the Free Oil Change post by 7 p.m. on Tuesday to enter the Free Oil Change Contest.