- The Chamber's monthly members meeting is coming up on Wednesday, Feb. 4. Thomas Perkins of Pinnacle Foods will be the guest speaker. The meeting will be held at noon at Ponderosa Steakhouse.
- Kaskaskia College’s Vandalia Campus will offer a community education class “Write Your Life Story” starting today, Feb. 2, from 5:30-7:30 p.m. The class will continue every Monday through Feb. 23. Tuition is free for those 60 and older. Call 618-283-1780 to register.
- Be sure to visit Hosick Motor’s Facebook page, www.facebook.com/hosickmotors, and “like” the Free Oil Change post by 7 p.m. on Tuesday to enter the Free Oil Change Contest. The winner will be chosen at random.
- Copies of the Chamber's 100th Anniversary cookbook are available for purchase at Kaskaskia Supply and Rental, First Bank, First National Bank (downtown office), The Red Door and the Chamber office, located at 1408 N. 5th St. The books are $10 apiece and those who purchase two cookbooks will receive a free T-shirt.
- The Fayette County Hospital Auxiliary will meet at noon on Tuesday, Feb. 3.
- Evans Public Library will host a pair of events this week. The library’s homeschool group will meet from 1-2 p.m. on Thursday, Feb. 5. The library’s Teen Advisory Board will meet on Friday, Feb. 6, at 4 p.m. Call 283-2824 if you are interested in joining these groups.
- The Vandalia Rotary Club will meet Tuesday, Feb. 3, at noon at Ponderosa Steakhouse.
- The Lincoln Victory Ball, sponsored by the Vandalia Tourism Commission, will be held from 7-10 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 7, at the Moose Lodge. Admittance is free for those who come dressed in period attire, otherwise admission is $5.
- The Vandalia City Council will meet tonight, Monday, Feb. 2, at 7:30 p.m. at city hall.