• Ma & Pa’s, located on the corner of Sunset and Veterans, would like to remind anyone wanting to preorder baked goods that orders go in Tuesday and will be ready Wednesday morning. Please call 618-292-9834 by 10 a.m. on Tuesday to if you would like to order baked goods.
• The Fayette County Habitat For Humanity Resale Store, located on Gallatin St., will be holding a sale this week. Christmas decorations will be half off while supplies last, while hard cover books will be $1 and pocket sized books will be 50 cents apiece while supplies last.
Little Blues Eyes, located just across the tracks from the Vandalia Statehouse, has gift certificates available in all amounts this week. Christmas items are also 30 percent off and kids Items are 10 percent off.
• The Kaskaskia College Vandalia Campus is accepted enrollments for a pair of community education classes in January. “Beginning Beekeeping” will be held on Saturday, Jan. 10, from 8 a.m. until noon. The registration number for the class is COED-8033-VA01W. 12/19/2014 . “Making a Burlap Wreath” will be held on Saturday, Jan. 17, from 9 a.m. until 11 a.m. The registration number for the class is COED-8105-VA01W. Call 283-1780 for more info.
• Vandalia Subway, located at 915 Veterans Ave., is having a Holiday Customer Appreciation special for the remainder of 2014. The cold cut combo, meatball marinara and veggie delight are all just $2 for a six inch and $4 for a footlong. Vandalia Subway is also giving away a free six-inch sub every week. To be entered into the drawing, customers simply need to place an order online at order.subway.com or using the Subway app. And don’t forget that Subway caters. Call or stop by for a special catering discount valid through the end of the year.
• Expert Service, located at 1710A Hillsboro Road, has several fall car care specials going on. Remote starters start at $250 installed (Regular price is $300). You can also have your vehicle winterized for free with the purchase of an oil change. The first 30 minutes of diagnostics will be free, including check engine light codes. And all Chamber members will receive a 10 percent discount, excluding sale prices. Offers are good through Dec. 31.
• Wings will be half price and drafts will be a dollar off on Tuesday, Dec. 23, at Embers Wood Fired Pizza, located at 7 Mattes Ave in Vandalia. There will also be a special going on next door at Huddle House, as customers can get two double cheeseburgers and two orders of fries for $6.99.
• Be sure to visit Hosick Motor’s Facebook page, www.facebook.com/hosickmotors, and “like” the Free Oil Change post by 7 p.m. on Tuesday to enter the Free Oil Change Contest. The winner will be chosen at random.
• Evans Public Library’s Food For Fines program is underway. Bring non-perishable food items to the library and for every food item donated $1 will be deducted from your fines and/or replacement costs of lost or damaged items.
• Copies of the Chamber's 100th Anniversary cookbook are available for purchase at Kaskaskia Supply and Rental, First Bank, First National Bank (downtown office), The Red Door and the Chamber office, located at 1408 N. 5th St. The books are $10 apiece and those who purchase two cookbooks will receive a free T-shirt.