- Click here for printable PDF.
- All in-store items at Gloria’s Christian Supply, located at 214 S. 4th Street, are currently 50 percent off.
- All Christmas items at The Tiger Lily Flower and Gift Shop, located at 131 N. 5th Street, will be 35 percent off this week.
- Christmas and winter décor is 50 percent off during The Turning Leaf’s New Year’s Sale this week. The florist and gift shop, located at 513 W. Gallatin Street, is also having a candle sale this week and is offering $5 off fresh arrangements.
- Embers Wood Fired Pizza, located at 7 Mattes Ave., has several specials going on this week. Tonight, Dec. 28, is Kids Night at Embers. From 3-9 p.m., get a free kids pizza with a purchase of an adult entrée. Tuesday’s special is half-price wings and $4 24-ounce draft beer all day. Wednesday is Family Night at Embers from 5-9 p.m., with the special being Ciabatta cheese bread, three gourmet wood fired pizzas (up to two topping each) and four soft drinks all for $30.
- Pine Ridge Homes, located at 80 Pine Ride Drive, will be giving away a free 60-inch smart TV with each purchased home through Dec. 31.
VANDALIA, Ill. – The oldest surviving capitol building in Illinois is putting on its best holiday duds and throwing its doors open to the public on Dec. 12. The first 100 families to visit will receive free Christmas ornaments.
Visitors to the Vandalia Statehouse State Historic Site will find the building illuminated by more than 250 candles and trimmed with decorations appropriate to the 1840s, when a young Abraham Lincoln served there. The decorations include fresh greenery and fruits.
The historic site also will be collecting food for the needy. Visitors can bring along a non-perishable or canned item that will be donated to the local food pantry.
The free festivities are from 6-8:30 p.m.
The Friends of the Old State Capitol will provide cookies and cider.
The Vandalia Statehouse State Historic Site, operated by the Illinois Historic Preservation Agency, served as the capitol from 1836 to 1839. It is open to the public Wednesday through Saturday, 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.