- Click here for printable PDF.
- Country Folk, located at 110 S. 3rd St., is hosting its 20th Annual Holiday Open House and Home Tour Wednesday, Dec. 2, through Saturday, Dec. 5 from 10 a.m. until 6 p.m. each day. Christmas items at the shop and home tour will be 20 percent off during the event. The home tour is located at 1614 W. Jefferson St. in Vandalia.
- Pisces Pools & Spas, located on U.S. Highway 50 in Odin and 1410 Sunset Drive in Vandalia, will have its annual Christmas sale until Dec. 23. All pool and spa chemicals and accessories will be 15 percent off during the sale. Please note that winter hours at the Vandalia store are Fridays only from 9 a.m.-5 p.m. or by appointment.
- Brownstown VFW Post 9770 is hosting a Christmas sale today, Monday, Nov. 30, starting at 5 p.m. Concessions will be available.
- Fulton & Dunn Dental will enter your name into a drawing for a $50 VISA gift card and a $25 VISA gift card in exchange for donation of coats, shoes, socks, gloves or hats you bring to their office at 2102 W. Randolph St. These donations will help local children in the community and the surrounding communities.
- The Family YMCA of Fayette County will host its Parents Night Out event from 5:30-9:30 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 5. Registration begins at 5:15 and cost is $10 per child/siblings $5. Activities will include open gym, games, face painting, G/PG-rated movies, a concession stand and photos with Santa and Mrs. Claus from 6-6:30 p.m. (photo cost $5). Parents can register kids in advance and forms are available at the YMCA. Call 283-1258 with any questions.
- Kaskaskia College will host its annual Christmas at KC concert on the main campus in Centralia on Saturday, Dec. 5. The concert will start at 6 p.m. at the Lifelong Learning Center. Tickets are $23 and can be reserved by calling 618-545-3223.
- First National Bank’s annual holiday turkey giveaways are underway. FNB will draw winners each week at each of its locations: Vandalia, Ramsey, Patoka, Mulberry Grove and Greenville. No purchase is necessary and you can enter the drawings at all FNB locations. You must be 18 or older to enter and you may win only once. The drawing is open to non-FNB customers and you need not be present to win. There will be a drawing every Friday through Dec. 18.
- All in-store items at Gloria’s Christian Supply are currently 50 percent off.
- Embers Wood Fired Pizza, located at 7 Mattes Ave., has several specials going on this week. Tonight, Nov. 30, is Kids Night at Embers. From 3-9 p.m., get a free kids pizza with a purchase of an adult entrée. Tuesday’s special is half-price wings and $4 24-ounce draft beer all day. Wednesday is Family Night at Embers from 5-9 p.m., with the special being Ciabatta cheese bread, three gourmet wood fired pizzas (up to two topping each) and four soft drinks all for $30.
- Pine Ridge Homes, located at 80 Pine Ride Drive, will be giving away a free 60-inch smart TV with each purchased home through Dec. 31.
- Be sure to visit Hosick Motors’ Facebook page, www.facebook.com/hosickmotors, and “like” the Free Oil Change post by 7 p.m. on Tuesday to enter the Free Oil Change Contest.
- First Bank, located at 200 Mattes Ave. in Vandalia, is collecting toys, coats, hats and mittens/gloves for The Closet this holiday season. The Closet is done by Unity Baptist Church. All of the donations go to local families during the holiday season. First Bank will be collecting items through December 10th.
- Kaskaskia College’s Vandalia Campus is currently collecting items for Caring and Sharing.
- Be sure to stop by Bluff Equipment, Cain’s Drug Store, The Copper Penny, Country Folk, The Elephant’s Attic, Habitat for Humanity Resale, Kaskaskia Supply, L&M Antiques, Little Blue Eyes, Ma & Pa’s, Midwest Tractor Sales, The Money Pit, NAPA Auto & Truck Parts, New 2 You, Noise Music & Sound, Ponderosa Steakhouse, Sears Hometown Store, Sloan Implement, Something Special, Sunset 66 Convenience Store, The Sunshine House, Thy Crystal Draconem, Tiger Lily, Treasures 4 You and The Turning Leaf throughout the holiday season to enter drawings for prizes valued at least $25 as part of the Chamber’s annual “Shop Local” promotion. Additional participating businesses will be announced throughout the week.
The Vandalia Chamber of Commerce and several local businesses will once again be rewarding folks who shop local during the holiday season!
Starting the weekend of Olde Tyme Christmas (Nov. 13 & 14), several area businesses will be accepting entries for drawings of prizes of at least $25 in value. The individual who enters the most drawings (27 businesses participated last year) will win $100 in Chamber Bucks gift certificates! Winners of each of the participating businesses' drawings will be drawn the week of Christmas.
Here are the businesses that have agreed to participate in this year's shop local promotion so far (drawing prize in parenthses):