Listed Below are Employment Opportunities
Currently Available at Chamber-Member Businesses
- Searching for experienced forklift operators for a Vandalia warehousing facility. Qualified candidates will be responsible for loading/unloading trucks, pulling orders and tracking inventory. Must have high school diploma/GED, be able to maneuver up to 75 lbs, and have forklift experience. 1st shift position. Apply online at www.prioritystaffinggroup.com or call the office at 618-283-9533 for an appointment.
- (5/2/2016) Priority Staffing Group is adding to our staff!! We currently have a Placement Specialist Position open in our Vandalia Office. Position requires scheduling of interviews, conducting interviews, working daily with clients on open job positions. Qualified applicants must be proficient in all Microsoft Office programs, have previous office experience and work well in a team. Previous HR experience preferred. Email resumes to Vandalia@prioritystaffinggroup.com.
- (5/2/2016) Priority Staffing Group now accepting applications for full-time production workers for locations in Vandalia, Altamont, Centralia, and Carlyle. Multiple shift available. Apply online at www.prioritystaffinggroup.com or call 618-283-9533 for an appointment.
- (4/1/2016): Elite Turf Care is looking to hire two responsible individuals with lawn care experience. Work is seasonal. Call 217-827-1003 if interested.
- (2/25/2016) The Copper Penny Bar & Grille is currently looking to hire 2 servers/bartenders. Experience not required. Must be able to work nights, weekends, & have an upbeat, fun personality. Please only inquire in person.
- (1/25/2016) HELP WANTED: Service Technician. Join the team of Service Professionals at Hosick Motors. Apply in person only @ 1213 Sunset Drive, Vandalia, anytime Monday through Friday between 8am to 4pm. No phone calls please.
- (1/7/2016) Summer Breeze Winehouse & Barn Venue is hiring part time/full time help. You can email in your resume from now till next Thursday, Jan. 14. Owners Mark and Tammy Lash are hiring secretarial staff and wedding staff for their companies. Email to email@example.com. No phone calls, text, messenger accepted.
- D.W. Swofford Enterprises Inc. is hiring. The requirements for the job are you must be able to pass a back ground check. Have a valid drivers license. Be dependable, trustworthy, hardworking, and a team player. We are taking applications at 1515 N 8th Street Vandalia. Please no phone calls or personal messages. If your interested in the job please come in a fill out an application. Always remember to dress for success.
- First National Bank is now hiring part-time tellers at its Vandalia branches. FNB is also looking for a part-time custodian. For more information including desired qualifications, visit www.thefnb.com (click on the careers tab at the top). You may also apply in person between 8:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. at the main office in downtown Vandalia.
- Have you thought about joining the team at Embers Wood Fired Pizza? Stop by and pick up an application at 7 Mattes Ave. in Vandalia OR go ahead and print one at home and bring it in completed: http://www.emberswoodfiredpizza.com/contactus.aspx
- Shelter Insurance agent Ty Bates is hiring a part-time, 2-day-a-week CLIENT SERVICES SPECIALIST. This will be a sales position and hours will increase as we continue to grow. The individual hired will be required to attain their property and casualty insurance license within 60 days after being hired. Once licensed, the individual will receive commission, along with their base pay. If you are outgoing, enjoy working with people, and want to join a growing insurance agency, please call 618-283-2842 or send an email at TBates@ShelterInsurance.com.
- The Elephant's Attic, located at 1127 N. 5th St. in Vandalia, is looking to hire for a FULL-TIME position (35 hours a week). Duties include warehouse, delivery, customer setup and customer support. A clean driving record is required. Call 283-9127 or apply in person at the store.
- The Family YMCA of Fayette County is looking for part-time membership representatives: You need to be a self-motivated individual who is able to identify tasks that need to be completed to ensure our customers’ enjoy their experience. We are in need of strong minded, confident individuals who are authoritative but who will also provide world class customer service. Must be 18 years old with a high school diploma/GED to apply.
• Answering phones
• Membership needs
• Sales- memberships, programs and other products or services
• Membership file management
• Membership tours
• Facility monitor
• Other duties as assigned
Please inquire about position at the YMCA.
- Vandalia Taxicab is looking to hire drivers. Call John at 217-710-8750 if you are interested.
- Land of Lincoln Credit Union is looking to hire a part time teller. Here are the requirements: Must be able to work 20 hours a week, dependable, professional, honest, great personality! Please apply online at the Vandalia branch (next to Maranthas-behind subway) or mail your resume to: Land of Lincoln Credit Union, Attn: Kristen, PO Box 299, Vandalia, IL 62471. Hurry and get your resume/application in as we hope to hire by the end of next week!
- Cook wanted: start at $9-$11/hour depending on experience. If interested send resume &/or questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Heart & Home Realty, located at 1442 N. 8th St. in Vandalia, is looking to hire three new real estate agents for its Vandalia office over the summer. No experience necessary – just a willingness to be client focused and coachable. Call their Vandalia office at 618-283-4436 for more information.
- The Copper Penny is currently hiring for 2 waitstaff positions including waiting tables &/or bartending. Must work nights, must work weekends, must be 21+. Can offer 15-30 hours of work per week. Please stop by the Copper Penny at 125 S. 4th St. for an application.
- The Gallatin Street Grille is looking to hire an EXPERIENCED server ASAP. Must be 21 or older,flexible hours,and is eager to please the guests we serve. Please do not private message this page. Applications are available at 524 W Gallatin St.
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Vandalia is accepting applications for a part-time housekeeping position. Weekends are included. Click here to download an application.